IELTS Speaking Relationships là chủ đề thường gặp trong các đề thi IELTS. Làm thế nào để chinh phục phần thi này hiệu quả nhất? Hãy cùng IZONE tìm hiểu chi tiết ngay trong bài viết dưới đây nhé.
Từ vựng thường gặp chủ đề IELTS Speaking Relationships
- (be) on good terms with somebody = get on well with somebody: có mối quan hệ tốt với ai
- approachable /əˈprəʊ.tʃə.bəl/ = friendly (adj): thân thiện
- have a great sense of humour /ˈhjuː.mər/ : có khiếu hài hước
- get to know somebody: biết ai đó – strike up a friendship: bắt đầu một tình bạn
- get on like a house on fire: có mối quan hệ rất tốt (với nhau)
- enjoy one’s company /ˈkʌm.pə.ni/: thích ở cạnh ai
- well-matched (adj): hợp nhau
- birds of a feather: chỉ những người có cùng lối sống hay sở thích
- in a relationship: yêu nhau
- have much/ a lot in common /ˈkɒm.ən/ : có nhiều điểm chung
- share the same taste in something: có cùng thị hiếu, sở thích về cái gì
- see eye-to-eye on something: có cùng quan điểm, đồng thuận về cái gì
- fall out with somebody (sb): cãi nhau
- lend a sympathetic ear to somebody: lắng nghe một cách đầy cảm thông
- trusted confidant: người mà bạn tin và luôn kể những bí mật cho người ấy
- chat somebody up (talk to sb in a friendly way because you are attracted to them): tán tỉnh, cưa
- be your type (be someone with the qualities that you find attractive): là mẫu người bạn thích
- hit it off (form a good relationship on first meeting (also hit it off with sb): ăn ý với nhau, tâm đầu ý hợp
- think the world of somebody (feel great love or affection for somebody): rất quý trọng, rất yêu mến
- come between people (cause an argument or difficulty between people): chen vào giữa và gây ra tranh cãi hoặc khó khăn cho ai đó
- split people up (cause two people to stop having a relationship): chia rẽ, ngăn cản yêu nhau”
- break up (stop having a relationship (aslo break up with sb). syn split up (with sb): chia tay
- crazy about somebody (very much in love with somebody syn mad about somebody): yêu ai đó rất nhiều
- put yourself in somebody’s shoes (imagine you are in the same situation as somebody. syn put yourself in somebody’s place): đặt mình vào vị trí ai đó
- fall in love (start to love each other – also fall in love with somebody, syn fall for somebody): rơi vào lưới tình
- for good for ever: mãi mãi
Câu hỏi thường gặp trong phần IELTS Speaking Relationships
Examiner: Bạn có thường gặp gỡ bạn bè không? Do you see/ your friends often?
Mike: Yes, we meet up most weekends. We get on really well and have a lot in common so we’re always happy going to the same places and doing the same things.
Examiner: What do you like/love about your close friends?
Julia: I think we enjoy each other’s company. We see eye-to-eye on most things so we never fall out with each other.
Examiner: Have you known each other long?
Amber: Most of them yes, although my closest friend Martyr. We struck up a relationship at University and got on like a house on fire but yes my other friendships go back years to when we were at school.
Examiner: Do you think marriage is still as important in people’s life as ever?
John: Yes, it certainly is in my country. I think the problem for some people is lack of commitment. All relationships have their thicks and thins, ups and downs but some people prefer to break up rather than working at the relationship.
Examiner: What do you think is the ideal time to get married?
Teddy: Personally I think you should wait until you’ve found yourself first decided if you want a career. Perhaps do some traveling you should do before tying the knot although if you fall head over heels in love plans like these can easily be forgotten.
Examiner: Is it important to keep in contact with our friends when we’re in a relationship?
May: Absolutely it’s so easy to drift apart from your friends when you fall in love but I think both partners should try not to lose touch with their friends. That’s the best way to have a healthy relationship with your partner.
Mẫu đề thi chủ đề IELTS Speaking Relationships
IELTS Speaking Relationships thường xuất hiện trong các đề thi IELTS. Để chinh phục phần thi này, tham khảo ngay mẫu đề thi và gợi ý cách trả lời được IZONE tổng hợp ngay dưới đây.
Describe a friend or that you like to spend time with. You should say:
And Explain why you like/ prefer to spend time with this person.
- Who this person is
Generally speaking, I’m quite an outgoing person and do enjoy mingling with others. However, the person that I would love to spend time with most is my best friend, Joe. He is on good terms with everyone around him because he is approachable and has a great sense of humor.
- How do you know this person
We got to know each other at our primary school. However, not until we studied in the same class at the secondary school did we strike up a friendship and get on like a house on fire. That is to say, we go back years.
- What you like to do with this person
I enjoy his company very much because we are well-matched in our interests. We share the same taste in listening to all the latest massive hits of popular bands and seeing all the up-to-date blockbusters of Hollywood stars when we get together most weekends.
We are real birds of a feather! This causes other friends to make fun of us by saying that we are in a relationship, but for now/for the moment we are just good friends.
And explain why you like to spend time with this person.
I am fond of spending time with Joe as we get on really well and have a lot in common. We not only share the same taste in music and movies, but we also see eye-to-eye on most things, which makes us rarely fall out with each other. On top of that, he is very kind, supportive and always lends a sympathetic ear to me. Joe is my trusted confidant!
Trên đây là những từ vựng hữu ích với chủ đề IELTS SPeaking Relationships mà bạn cần lưu ý. Hy vọng bài viết mang lại cho bạn những thông tin hữu ích ôn luyện IELTS hiệu quả. Theo dõi Góc IELTS của IZONE để cập nhật thêm nhiều kiến thức hữu ích. Chúc bạn thành công.